Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Airport

It's at least 3 hours past my bedtime and another hour until the plane takes off, and after all the heat in Darwin, my brain is pretty fried. The thermostats swore it was barely 80 F and only 50% humidity, but the intensity of the sun added at least 10 degrees and 20 percent. 

Some things I think I learned: 

-Before embarking on a trip, accept that you will probably not have any coffee or alcohol quite the way you like it until you're back home and don't waste any more energy worrying about it once your plane/boat/train gets going 
-If you want to meet people you like, just start doing the things you like and don't worry about anything else 
-I am a completely different person now than I was two and a half years ago when I went to Asia, which is great because I wanted to change, but now I have to find a happy medium.
-In addition, I've accumulated a plethora of not-quite-PC conclusions on being a solo female traveler. Buy me a (dark, coffee-flavored, Oregon-brewed, >8% ABV) beer and I'll tell you all about it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment