Tuesday, December 20, 2011

My Climbing Firsts

Oh yeah, in between cutting grass and poking at rocks with sticks this week I sort of had a first ascent? Harry had gone up the line using jumars earlier, but I was the first to lead this freshly bolted climb. Woo hoo!

Then today, I got to glue in a screw and attach a bolt to it after Harry had drilled the holes. Yes, at some point I will get a picture up here of myself pointing to the bolt I installed in the rock (with lots of instruction and hand-holding, of course) with some kind of touristy grin.

Tonight Laura and I are eating with Harry since he is leaving on Friday, and tomorrow I am off to Lumbini (Boombini? Bamboo? Lumbuni?!) with Judith, Harry's niece. Lumbini is where Buddha was born - look it up!

There is a chance this did not make much sense to anybody whose name I explicitly mentioned, but I've been told that I have a habit of using names out of context, so this is not out of character for me.

SUPARATRI!


No comments:

Post a Comment