Thursday, July 31, 2014

Cairns

Watching Cairns wake up at the lovely time of 6:30 AM after taking my last overnight bus while sipping a delicious cappuccino in the one of the only open joints at this hour and relishing my first work email of the month. Not bad at all! 

Jumping into the unknown for six weeks along a straight, settled, San Francisco line was displacing and I felt terribly far and enjoying the unfamiliar territory, which made me be extremely present in my surroundings. Now with less than two weeks left before heading back to the states and more consistent contact from home, I seem to have put all the pieces of the world back into their places, which is equally weird and unusual. I can't say that being fully nomadic hasn't been exhausting, but traveling is basically the best thing you can do with your time in money, so the return home will definitely be bittersweet. 

Well, as I used to console myself in India, I'm leaving tomorrow and I'm not leaving the day after, so as far as I'm concerned, it's irrelevant! 

No comments:

Post a Comment